Riveles Law Group’s immersion in the venture capital landscape allows the firm to provide comprehensive and dedicated counsel to venture capital funds and start-up company incubators. We represent venture funds focused on start-up technology companies in a broad range of niche industries, including robotics, 3D printing, mobile apps, digital marketing, health tech, and artificial intelligence. We are well-equipped to assist funds across these varied industries, and others, in their formation, structuring, and ongoing operations. Our attorneys also provide focused counsel to portfolio companies in all aspects of their capital raising efforts and on matters of corporate governance, commercial contract, employment, intellectual property, technology law and other related practices that are integral to the successful operation of any business.
Our venture capital fund services include:
- Advising on business entity selection, whether limited partnership, limited liability company, series LLC, or other form.
- Counseling on fund structure, strategy descriptions and parameters, compensation provisions, liquidity provisions, hurdle rates and valuation procedures, and a variety of other fund terms.
- Advising on the optimal tax structure of the fund, in consultation with tax counsel if needed.
- Preparing term sheets, limited partnership agreement, private placement memoranda, subscription documents, management company operating agreement, and investment advisory contracts.
- Collaborating with fund manager to formulate investment goals and investment strategy description.
- Advising on the use of finders, third party marketers, and broker-dealers in connection with capital raising, and drafting and negotiating third party marketing and selling agreements as needed.
- Preparing SEC Form D and state “blue sky” filings on an on-going basis.
- Advising on state and federal laws governing investor qualifications and suitability.
- Counseling on marketing regulations, including general solicitation under Rule 506(c) of Regulation D.
- Implementing exit strategies.
- Facilitating introductions to administrators, auditors, brokers, and marketers specializing in illiquid investments.